Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 27 2004 11:13 PM
Re: Can Anybody Name This Storm?

I'm not sure what sat. that picture can from, maybe one of the mods. can help. But that sure looks like hurricane camille in the gulf, I think hurricane camille occured in 1969 August if I'm correct, and it also has the the area of no clouds around the intense eye area, which is sonomous with Hurricane Camille.
You can see the picture by going to hurricane history and clicking the Hurricane Camille by storm lover, I have a post having a website that shows a good close up picture of the storm.
camille was fairly compact. you'd be surprised how small it was.. go look it up on the ncdc archives. HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center