Zeus
(Registered User)
Sat Aug 28 2004 11:54 AM
Re: Can Anybody Name This Storm?

Thanks for all the help. Clark, you make a good argument for Allen. The problem is I have good reason to believe the picture is much older. The man I got it from had left Martin Company prior to 81' and his claim was they took it off the wall and gave it to him when he left. He told me the picture was very significant, and there may be something military in that.

Also Martin built Titan rockets and launched military satellites in the 60's that could explain the Martin board room connection. He also mentioned he thought the satellite was Hughes built. So you can see the confusion on my part.

Either the picture is of Allen and I was fed a crock, or there really is something significant about the picture. A mystery that I may never solve.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center