Lysis
(User)
Wed Jul 06 2005 07:04 PM
Re: Hurricane Charley Movie Download (must see)

Oh don't worry... we showed the insurance guy a different version. We didn’t really prepare as we should have and we knew it (my dad is an old hurricane vet), and leaving the shutters open was a major boo boo. Actually, we opened them up a little so we could see well. Despite what could have happened, no damage occurred due to the shutters being open. They were not facing the wind (notice how we could stand on the front porch) during the first half of the storm, and the house was actually penetrated through the boarded-up side. Debris broke through the wood holding the door in, the door flew open, and wind came through the house and knocked the sliding glass door down on the porch where the shutters were open. Notice during the 2nd half we closed them, as the winds shifted. I put a disclaimer before the film, and I will reiterate again, “if a hurricane threatens your area, properly and completely board up, and better yet, leave. As far as it being insulting to me… don’t worry about it. It was awesome footage, was it not?

And, Markieb,
if you have any problems downloading, please talk to MikeC, as he is in charge of the server. If Dennis just so happens to affect Punta Gorda or the surrounding area, I guarantee you, we will do things differently. Thank you for your concern. : ) Enjoy.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center