soonermeteor
(Registered User)
Fri Sep 02 2005 05:36 AM
Re: Strongest Hurricane..similar to Karina 2006

So as it looks, power wise katrina will be up there around the top 5 or so beuase its pressure, from what i understand, was even lower then andrew. ( andrew 922, Katrina 915 at landfall) and it was the 4th most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the atlantic. Without knowing the full extent yet, but with all we have seen, it will most likely aslo be the 2nd or 3rd deadliest, if not the new deadliest, which is shocking considering it is compaired to a storm in 1900. Also for damage, im sure it will pass andrew, but adjusted for infaltion it might not pass the earlier miami hurricane that was around 88billion from that list, but i have now heard that some estimates would put katrina approaching 100billion in damages total. However, most still say anywere from 9billion (way to low if you ask me, that was like ivan) to 16 billion, to 25 billion, still very costly and one of the top on the list.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center