dem05
(User)
Sat Aug 25 2007 05:59 PM
Re: My list of Possible Category Five hurricanes

That is a pretty ambitious list! I don't know about all of those, but if memory serves me correctly, there has been research into the 1926 and the 1928 hurricanes as possible Category 5 hurricanes at landfall. I did not see them on your list. That said...Nothing substantial enough to call them Category 5 Hurricanes has been presented at this time. As far as more recent storms, I would dismiss Lenny and Dennis from the list for sure. And in the Recon era, I would also dismiss Georges from the list. All of these hurricanes were very severe none the less. I image that history will remain unchanged for all of these storms.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center