Myles
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Jan 10 2006 06:30 PM
Tropical Cyclone Clare

Since there's nothing going on here I figured I'd bring this up. On the NW side of Australia there was a tropical cyclone that made landfall yesterday. Everywhere I went, like the navy site, weather underground, accuweather, it says this was a strong tropical storm at most with 70 mph winds. I was looking at the sat images of it and thinking to myself there’s no way this is only a tropical storm. Then I found this Australian weather site, weatherzone.com.au, and it had a lot more info on the cyclone including that this was a cat 3 storm with 190 kph(118 mph) winds and a central pressure of 960 mb. The site looks pretty credible so I just wonder what’s going on here?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center