Domino
(Weather Guru)
Thu May 11 2006 03:37 PM
Re: TS Chanchu

Although I think I'm talking to myself I notice this thread gets a lot of views so I'll continue to update.

The local forecast and current updates shows wind speeds of roughly half that of the Joint Typhoon Warning Center. The current signal 2 warning area is for 60-100kph winds and the last update I had from the JTWC was already at 140kph winds. I wonder why such a huge variation?

At this point it is roughly 24 hours out from Manila. The Japenese tropical weather prediction center has tropical storm force winds in Manila within the next few hours.

The local forecast center was suppose to issue an update 40 minutes ago. No updates though..

Currently outside we've had off and on showers and it is very muggy. I forgot to take my weather station outside but current pressure is 1004.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center