Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun May 14 2006 07:32 PM
Attachment
Re: Typhoon Chanchu bombing

Quote:

Hello, I am writing to see anyone has an idea of when Chanchu is predicted to make landfall in Hong Kong. My husband is there for work and has booked a flight to come home on Tuesday afternoon. Earlier I read it was expected to hit on Thursday, I just wanted to check for any information that may have changed. Thank you

That is cutting it very, very close. The airport may be closed by then. He should leave sooner if he can, or at least get off the islands and leave from an inland airport.

http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc/warnings/wp0206.gif

This graphic will show you the times the winds will start affecting the islands (add eight hours to the UTC time that is displayed). The graphic will be updated shortly with the next warning at 4pm CDT.

Oh and this is why the update to 130kts...attached the AQUA microwave from 1801Z (taken just about at the same time as the IR I posted earlier).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center