Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jun 03 2006 11:39 PM
TD TWO-E

Just back.

An hour and a half ago the TWD said, "ONLY A SLIGHT INCREASE IN WINDS COULD BRING THE DEPRESSION TO TROPICAL STORM STATUS," but just an hour before that advisory #2 didn't indicate likelyhood of winds of TS strength. There is a quikscat from right around that timeframe as well, but I'm having the same problem as with Aletta in trying to read it, and resolve the different intensities between the ascending and descending scans. Lack of expertise. If anyone could explain more about how that works I'd appreciate it. Anyway...I'm going to assume that was key in determining an upgrade to TS status, which I suppose will occur shortly with the intermediate advisory.

So Acapulco has gotten quite a bit of rain from this system.

Still a TD on the 2A advis.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center