cieldumort
(Moderator)
Mon Jul 17 2006 04:28 AM
Re: new system--91L/daniel

I believe that it should have been an invest all day..at the very least, but as for it being a full-on depression, I have my reservations. However, I also believe that NHC has been remiss in not mentioning the Low sooner.

IMHO, we have a sub-tropical depression which has been highly-sheared on it's western quadrant, and which has not fully separated itself from a still-respectable front. Consequently, much of the cyclogenesis has been baroclinic. That said, clearly there has been a LLC all day long, banding, deep convection (in the eastern quadrant), a little bit of antic-cyclonic outflow, something of a warm-core. Hardly what I would expect a fair and ballanced NHC to let go basically unmentioned all day.

Who knows what the internal debates and decisions are. I would have thought 91L & 92L of last month would have receieved more attention from them, also.

92L reminded me quite a lot of the late-season named systems of last year, 91L appears to have closed-off right at landfall, and this non-Invest, Invest, sure passes the smell test of a hybrid system worthy of at least official notice as an Invest.

Edit: When you posted 91*L* of course I read into that Atlantic. I think you mean 91*E* and my reply is meant for the Carolinas northernmost low opps

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center