CoconutCandy
(User)
Wed Aug 15 2007 01:06 PM
Flossie Quashed - Hawaii Spared Once Again

Wow. What a shear job.

Since my last post, just over 12 hours ago, the shear has really increased dramatically.

You may remember, I was discussing Flossies' eyewall dynamics, and for a short time just after posting, Flossie even regained a decent eyewall with very deep convection and a clear eye showing on visible and IR satellite for an hours or so.

But since that 'last hurrah', the shear has ripped the top off Flossies' circulation and the LLC is beginning to emerge to the west of what's left of the remaining convection.

Winds are down from earlier today, and the system has since been downgraded to a tropical storm. Further weakening is expected and what's left of Flossie will track WNW away from the Islands.

Once again, Hawaii has dodged the bullet, so to speak, and the shear has come to the rescue once again. Thanks for all your prayers and thanks to the almighty shear for kicking in and doing an excellent job in quashing the once-potent Flossie.

Sure would be nice if we could do that for every hurricane that threatens an area!

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming, already in progress: Dean and TD-5. Good luck, Atlantic basin, for the upcoming onslaught of hurricanes and storms in the coming weeks. As a former resident of Coconut Grove, near Miami, I will be following the rest of the season quite closely.

I will sleep well tonight, knowing Flossie will soon be but a memory. It's a good thing!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center