(Weather Master)
Sat Jun 21 2003 01:37 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Invest 92L

Good morning all, I noticed this area last night, and it looked very impressive on the IR loop. Haven't seen that much deep red in anything that I have watched so far this season. Some of the models are hinting on some kind of development as you mentioned. The weather pattern for the GOM seems to want to keep a steady stream of moisture from the gulf states all the way over into the w.coast of FL. In fact the GFS has again a system comming across the west coast of FL at around 36 Hrs. Them at 72 Hrs has a low sitting off the SE FL area. So far this year I can say that we have had a lot of activity to actually watch(haven't been bored yet) but none has actually come to frution. But as we all know it is only a matter of time until something does get going. The most of us have predicted a very active year, and the time clock has started ticking, the season is young and we have a lot of long and exciting nights ahead of us. The gulf has seen it's share of rain so far this season, and it looks like it is going to be around for a little bit longer. Toni

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center