HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Aug 23 2003 04:09 AM
Re: TD 9 Lost? - Well, Not Yet

well, i just posted on something like this over on the main board.. not really the same conclusion, but ed may have found the piece of the puzzle i was missing. honestly from watching the low cloud motions away from the storm i don't see how there can be any kind of surface low.. but the only way i could tell for sure is if the convection totally goes out.. short of that it's always possible that there's a really awkward center down there.
based on how well the convection is going.. at least some of the dynamics are still there.. so t.d. 9 really can't be called out until they go away. if they did.. it would be disappointing in a way since it would bust my (and everybody else's) ideas, but on the same token it would be for the better.. if this develops it has florida written all over it.
HF 0409z23august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center