LI Phil
(User)
Sat Jan 15 2005 11:30 PM
Re: Initial Outlook for 2005

Excellent analysis Ed (yeah, like I'd know), but it certainly seems reasonable in mid-January. I think we should all update our numbers in April, and then again, just before June 1. I share your thoughts about ENSO and the weak el nino not being too much of a factor. Of course, the SOI, PNA, NAO, CIA & FBI will also have to be considered.

Also a question...should we get an "off season" storm such as we had in 2003, with Ana, Odette & Peter, I know they would "officially" count towards predictions, but for our purposes here, should we only count our "in season" storms towards our totals? Just a thought, I'll leave the call up to Mr. Dunham.

Please inform the varmint his constantly changing numbers will be subject to editing this season. His 6/1/05 guess WILL remain in his signature ALL SEASON.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Cheers,

LI Phil

Everything counts, including Subtropical Storms - no matter what the month. If we get 3 named storms before June 1st, I'd imagine that quite a few folks will be updating their numbers
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center