HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Jul 10 2005 11:32 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Central Tropical Atlantic

on that note.. i remember joe b talking about how there weren't any tropical cyclones to speak of in other parts of the world.. other basins have been unusually quiet lately. there's a finite heat budget in the tropics that is trying to get out to the mid latitudes... right now the north atlantic is the preferred avenue. it makes sense when you look at how things have been behaving lately.
a rex block is an omega block (just a bulging ridge in the mid-higher latitudes with the jet snaking around it) with an upper cutoff low to the south. what keith is referred to isn't aligned well or going to stay put for very long.. thus the pseudo description.
i don't feel very secure making the progs i have been, actually. i see the potential for something like it is all. but i mean.. that little sucker out front is developing. we'll see about the one in the back soon enough.
HF 0032z11july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center