Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 07 2005 04:32 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Irene Forms

I think Irene will turn out to sea. I'm fairly certain of that now. The persistent northerly center reformations that have occured over the last day or so have effectively killed any chance of Irene coming westward. I had some small doubts about recurvature yesterday, but the recent events have satisfied those doubts.

To be very honest, Irene's chances of a US landfall ended on Friday morning. The increasing shear and significant center reformation (12 N to nearly 17 N) ended any major US threat from Irene. To add to that, a storm in the process of recurving along with a storm developing in the deep tropics generally isn't a good pattern for the developing system to get very far west. The stage needs to be clear, so to speak.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center