Bill-n-StPeteFL
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Jun 13 2006 12:22 AM
Re: Center question

quote]
Quote:

So.....have we seen the bulk of what we are going to see here in the Tampa area?

We won't have another extended period of rain like this morning, but we will have on and off squalls through the night; and our winds will ramp up to 40-50mph in gusts by midnight. Most significantly, onshore winds from the SW will generate coastal flooding in the typical spots, such as Shoreacres in St. Pete. This reminds me of Tropical Storm Josephine in 1996, although I don't think that the coastal flooding will be as bad. I recall a windy night with 45mph wind gusts and occasional rain squalls.

The winds have increased substantially during the last hour here at my house, after being very calm most of the day. I've recorded a gust of 25mph. With the storm moving closer overnight, 40-50mph gusts seem reasonable. My rainfall total up to this point is 2.6 inches.

Yes I notice the winds becoming more steady here in St Pete in the last hour myself.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center