doug
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Mar 27 2007 04:33 PM
Re: The 2007 Outlook

I see no reason to dispute TSR which I have found to be fairly reliable but I will average Colo. State and TSR and go with 16/8/4.
Last week's pattern looked very much like a summer one...early start to the season; maybe about a month early (busier July and August than normal) with as many as 8 before Labor day. If La Nina strengthens over the fall then that will support the numbers I have provided.
Who knows where they will go. The recent study published last week concerning analysis of overwash from major storms over an estimated several thousand year period said probability of a direct strike by a major (IV-V) is .3%...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center