HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Mar 16 2008 11:45 PM
Re: Initial Outlook for the 2008 Season

15/8/5. A waning La Nina... seen this before. Probably start our real slow (maybe something real early, then nothing til mid-August), and then when the usual bunch starts calling the season a bust, we'll get started for real. Think the trend of out-of-season late activity will keep up this season. Not going to speculate on actual strikes, because the two seasons can have identical activity but totally different results dependent on how the longwave pattern is set up in the late summer/early fall. And maybe I picked 15 because some part of my psyche still dreads seeing Paloma out there. But Omar, Omar is okay. There's a little seven years ago reference for you old timers.
See ya'll for real in June, if I don't get carried off to Oz first.
HF 0045z17march

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center