cieldumort
(Moderator)
Mon Jul 07 2008 11:24 PM
Historic Bertha Stats Adding Up

* Bertha becomes the earliest Major Hurricane since Hurricane Dennis (July. 7, 2005).

* Bertha and Dennis now both tie as the earliest Major Hurricanes on record since Hurricane Audrey (1957).

* Bertha becomes the earliest tropical cyclone to become a hurricane this far east.

* Bertha is upgraded to a Hurricane on the same day as the historic Bertha of 1996 was; however, Bertha 2008 also becomes a major hurricane two days sooner.

* Bertha became the sixth strongest "early season" hurricane on record. (Those forming before August 1st).

* Bertha became a named storm the farthest east of any on record for the months of June and July.

* Bertha became our first Cape Verde tropical cyclone of 2008, and one of the earliest on record.

This is information that I have collected and is accurate to the best of my knowledge, thus far. It may or may not be entirely accurate, and there could also be more I have not listed, and yet more to come.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center