Hootowl
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Aug 16 2008 10:05 PM
Re: Fay's Florida Impact Potential

Quote:

I teach Middle School Science here in eastern Hillsborough county and am beginning to worry what will happen to our first 3 days. Our county officials have a notoriously hard time making up their minds what to do about tropical weather and it has actually been 3 years now since we have had problems. Complicating matters is that my school is a shelter which means if there are significant coastal evacuations, we will close to house those in need of shelter. At this point in the year, they will be caught in two frames of mind 1) We have a couple days built in, so go ahead and err on the side of caution and close for a day or so: 2) If we close now and it doesn't end up that we needed to, we have blown a day or two in what is beginning to look like an active year, days we may find we need later. Such is the reasoning around here. Keep us posted in News and Forcast!! It could be a VERY wild school opening!

I'm with you on that one! I work in Hillsborough County too - except on the WESTERN side. Right near the bay. Really wondering what they will do. But you know the saying - we work for Hillsborough County. LOL

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center