KC
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Aug 17 2008 01:59 PM
Re: Preparations, Closings and Conditions in Your Area

Good Sunday morning from Naples where we are under a hurricane watch. People are finally starting to notice now that we are under a watch. Had to make a quick 7am trip to Walmart and it was mush busier than normal at that time of day. Local mets are advising to prepare because it would have to move pretty far to the east or west to miss us (and of course that's possible). They did a great job during Charley and Wilma and I have a lot of confidence in them.

Personally, I'd rather be ready than get caught so we are putting up the hurricane screens right now. It's been 2 years since they were installed so not a bad idea to practice anyway. It would actually be worse for us if it moves east because we are inland Collier County, about 8 miles from Ave Maria.

Collier County Commissioners will meet at 9am tomorrow to decide if they need to declare a state of emergency. I'm guessing they will unless we see a drastic change in course. No decision on schools yet but I would not expect that until much later today.

Pay attention and stay safe!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center