Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Aug 17 2008 02:12 PM
Re: barometer in miami drops.. is high weakening?

Hi. Here in Temple Terrace lots of neighborhood discussion on what is happening. No one here is boarding up ... yet. I too have located my tools and have access to my plywood. Will wait another day to decide. I work for Hillsborough County and no word yet on anything. I can't imagine we will be open on Tuesday. I just looked at the Hillsborough County School Board and they have the following:
Quote:

"It is unclear at this time whether Tropical Storm Fay will have an impact on the Tampa Bay area. Early indications are that if there is an impact, it likely would occur on Tuesday.
If there are any plans to cancel events or close school, parents will be notified through automated phone messages, the district website, and via local television, radio and newspapers. School district officials remain in contact with the Emergency Operations Center. Look for updates in this space as more information becomes available."

Considering they have a huge mess here with thousands not getting bus stop info on time for Monday, this could be a big mess. Hopefully Fay will pale in comparision to Monday's opening day...

As usual, local government takes a wait and see approach, but that only works IF the storm does not suddenly ramp up to Cat 2 or 3.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center