hogrunr
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 12 2008 05:35 PM
Re: Ike Conditions in Your Area

hey richemj, I am just south of you on the edge of the woodlands/Spring area. I've been up on my roof boarding up this morning and we've had a couple of times where an outer band has come through and it's probably been more like 15-20 sustained for a couple of minutes with a gust or two close to 30 or so. A lot of people waiting until the last minute around here to board up and I don't know if they are going to make it by the time the stronger winds and rain hit.

The current projected path has the eye going just slightly to our West, and we are expected winds between 85 and 95 mph according to this page:

http://houstonhidefromthewind.org

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center