Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Wed May 26 2010 04:07 PM
Re: Outlook for the 2010 Season

Hmmm. I kept my prediction a little low because of Ed's low numbers. Now he has edged his up.....should I push mine up respectively??? This actually makes me think my original 14/8/4 may have been the right way to go at the first. Looking at 1966.....it was a 12/7/3 year (if you include the non-tropical Kendra). Of note, two hurricanes struck Florida - Alma crossed the keys (IN JUNE) then up the west coast and back across the panhandle as a TS. and Inez went through the keys on its way to the Yucatan and Mexico. It was also an early season with 4 hurricanes (1 major) and 1 tropical storm before the end of July. Well...I think I will stick with what I said at 13/7/4. Certainly should be in interesting season and I would be interested in someone's take on how global climate changes may affect the comparison from 1966 to the present, or is that factored in already.
The countdown is to 6 days until the season starts!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center