JMII
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 27 2022 03:23 PM
Re: Ian's impact in your area

Quote:

I'm in Cape Coral, what we are getting right now is light winds and very light sprinkle. I'm not evacuating as this house has never had a flood claim going back to 1978.

11AM update shifted the cone slightly SE, its covers as far south as Bonita Springs now. Ian has been tracking on the eastern edge of the cone but the NHC still has movement as N (5 degrees). They have upped the forward motion, putting landfall 6-12 hours sooner.

Steady to brief heavy rain for me, since midnight we've gotten an 1.5" more. No wind to speak off but during breaks in the rain you can see the clouds moving quickly SE to NW. Broward is now under a TS watch and schools have been canceled for tomorrow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center