IsoFlame
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Sep 28 2022 09:42 PM
Re: Ian's impact in your area

Quote:

I think this storms claim to fame will be surge. The water is still coming into Ft Myers where US41 crosses the river, its currently 6 feet above predicted high tide. The pressure at this location is coming up from a low of 961 when they were experiencing winds at 50 mph gusting to 80 mph.

The strongest winds were isolated to the eyewall with NHC confirming (so far) stations reporting 130 MPH gusts. Outside of the core I've only seen Cat 1 gusts reported. However with various weather stations going off line during the worse of it we don't know everything yet.

I would add an expansive wind field well NE of the center due to a steep pressure gradient between Ian and boundary extending across north/central peninsular Florida well out into the Atlantic:

Currently here on the east Volusia coast in DBS increasing nor'easter conditions, sustained NE wind in the low 30's, gusting to 45 mph well ahead of Ian:

wind flow

5PM OBSN in central Florida:

ORLANDO INTL HVY RAIN 71 69 93 NE38G49 29.63F
DAYTONA BEACH HVY RAIN 74 70 87 NE32G47 29.76F

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center