Prospero
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 28 2023 11:51 PM
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area

Quote:

Post to update Idalia related weather and event conditions around you. Hyper-local alerts, pictures, etc., and just check-in to let us know how you are.

Please stay safe. There are a few hurricanes I am not inclined to chase. Generally, this has more to do with things like terrain, roads, rivers, propensity for especially dangerous storm surge and flooding... For me, Idalia falls in this bucket. I skipped Katrina altogether, and kept a very safe distance from Harvey's exact landfall location, for two examples.

I have to say tonight is maybe the most beautiful evening we have had since last Spring or late Winter. Just gorgeous.

That scares me! LOL

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center