Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Aug 12 2002 10:54 PM
Re: Explain to me how this works... and look at ATLANTIC

You get a bunch of configuration options which I really can't remember since it seems like a lifetime ago that I registered. There is an FAQ somewhere in this forum which explains the benefits. Hopefully John, Mike or Ed will see this and post it again.

Bottom line for the other person that said the site was hard to follow - it runs like this: One of the hosts will initiate a topic based on an upgrade, classification or whatever on the NEWS page. That more-or-less becomes the de facto forum until the next topic is initiated. Just click on the Number behind the news topic to read the followup and other comments. Before the site was upgraded to this one, that's the way everyone posted, so it apparently just stuck with the regulars. I'm pretty active on the News section but only remember to check in over here about once a week.

Hope this helps - and btw, if I can find that thing on registration (doesn't require personal information except e-mail I think) I'll post the link.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center