Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Aug 13 2002 03:22 AM
Re: Explain to me how this works... and look at ATLANTIC

I will try to explain how the message board (forums) work.

First off on the Main NEWS page when you come to flhurricane.com, The top News story is the Latest, If there is no major news in the tropics we just don’t post anything to take up space. So the conversations just carry on. If we posted a new news topic everyday then you think its hard to find your way around now! You can bet if something major is happening in the topics a new NEWS post will be posted. We take pride in this site for being up-to-date in the topics. (Note These News Stories are also the “News Talkback” forum in the Forum Menu) The only thing different in this forum (news talk back) than the others is you can not post a new topic, Only Reply to it. All the other forum categories you can post new topics and reply. This Category “News Talkback” is usually the main place where everyone talks about the current tropical weather going on. This message is posted in the “Storm Forum”, this area is just another area we created so others can discuss Storms in general and post new topics. Actually this message should have been posted in the “Site Suggestions and Questions” Forum, but that’s ok. Yes I know that can get confusing but once you get used the board you will get a better grip on what’s going on.

Being registered and logging on can make your visit much easier too. The big reason I like it is “Keeping Track of Messages you have read and not read." Plus you can set it so you don’t have to log in every time you come to the site. It will remember you if tell it to, It will ask you when you log in. Tip: don’t log off when you leave just leave.

And it can do a lot more to personalize it the way you like it. You just have to sit down take your time and go through all the settings. But you have to me logged on and registered for this to work.

If you need more help please feel free to ask, send us email, whatever it takes we will be glad you help you out.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center