Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Jul 15 2004 01:57 AM
stolen post...thanks anonymous..its okay

Nothing online is copyrighted and anyone can cut and paste anything. Its just my words, not me... and besides they'll just get Cameron Diaz to play me in the movie so... I'll survive.

Funny how some people have to steal other people's lives.

And, that brings me to a good point.
Soemthing we rarely talk about. Surfers.

We forget how many other people read these boards and for how many reasons.

I remember years back wxr chat on aol was full of surfers.
Think Cyclone from PR used to talk to surfers down there years back.. unless I'm mistaken.

So... maybe we should make a board just for surfers and stuff like that.

Sorry..okay, being serious.

Steve Lyons used to talk all the time about surfers in storms because he used to surf years back or something, its in his bio.

Anyway...thanks for the link to that site. Have heard that name Reid before somewhere, cant remember where. Oh I know.. a great weather book by an old famous weather man. One of the first around name Reid. Law of storms or something.

I read it over at the hurricane center on virgina key in the library there.

Now those were trackers... really more writers, commentators, scientists of the highest caliber.. w/o satellites and radar they dedicated their lives to better understanding tropical cyclones.

Bet HankFrank and a few others here know who I'm talking about.

Anyway...the basic is pretty much put to bed for the night and so am I.

Hang in there gang.. something will develop and Rabbit or Steve whoever said... most years (like 98) don't start til late July and the only thing I can add to that is once they start..whatever hurricane dust they use out there to get that first one rolling...it lasts and lasts and they keep on coming.

As to anonymous one on that surfing board... thanks, they say stealing people's post is the best form of flattery so I'm flattered.. Just remember next time.. dont let Cameron play me in the movie. I'm short, cute, well built and I have dark brown hair.

and BTW..you'll all doing a good job of researching old canes and things..I'm just not up to it this year. Want some action, want some all night 2am tracking, want some storm surge at the beach.. models and thinking and calculating and want to see SNONUT post and I guess I want to feel like its 1998 again or cut to the chase where ever that is..

bobbi, me..only one me and isn't hank happy about that

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center