LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jul 27 2004 12:55 AM
Re: Stars and ratings

Jamiewx,

I know ED is in discussions with John & Mike regarding the rating system. I'm not certain what will come of it, but it may be scrapped altogether.

As far as number of posts are concerned, that's what the "user status" or whatever it's called, is for. The more posts one makes, the 'user status' changes (check out the explanation in the FAQ), to such things as verified CFHC user to storm tracker, to storm chaser, etc.

Personally I don't put any stock in the "rate this user" options. I don't really care what the other posters think of me, and neither do Ed, John or Mike. However, since someone is obviously doing something to lower everybody's ratings, maybe it is time for this option to be scrapped.

Ed may be posting about this as I write this, so I'll reserve judgement until I speak with him or see a post addressing this.

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center