Lysis
(User)
Fri Feb 04 2005 04:53 PM
Erroneous info...

I dont know if anyone cares about this, but I am bored so I will post it anyway:

Just looking over the General Info section, I noticed two little errors. In the Saffir Simpson chart, Andrew is sighted as a CAT 4, and Mitch is listed for the CAT 5 example. Now, to his credit, Mitch was a super hurricane, however he weakened to a tropical storm before landfall --which is what I am presuming the chart is using as a point of reference. Unfortinatly, he still had enough power to drop several feet of rain killing 20,000 people. As for Andrew, if my memmory serves me correct, it was reclassified as a catagory 5 storm at landfall. Perhapes someone could bump up Andrew to the CAT 5 example slot, and replace his catagory 4 spot with a hurricane like Carla. I diddnt want to say this, but I think that anyone who was affected by either of these storms would agree that this be fixed. Sorry for nagging, but I just had to say it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center