MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sat Aug 06 2005 01:50 AM
About the Graveyard

I put up the Hurricane Graveyard forum to move bad posts into. It's hard to come up with a general ruleset for the forum. But generally if it's alarmist, it goes there, if it's a "gut feeling" it belongs in the Forecast Lounge, if it's a sweeping generalization (You wishcasterz lol!) good candidate for a graveyard.

I dislike deleting what people wrote, even if it's bad, so we very rarely actually delete something (even then it gets archived).

Fact of the matter, we try not to wishcast. If anything I'd hope they would all spin fish and head out to sea. You'll find the main articles looking at it from the standpoint of why something won't affect land, rather than why it may.

Intensity is a different issue, and that's hard to judge. I usually suggest preparing for one category over what is projected, just in case. As we saw with Dennis this year, a sudden jump in strength can come along with a sudden drop in strength. But preparing for the Cat 4 approach was prudent.

Sometimes things get moved to the graveyard that were probably ok, we apologize in advance if this is you. We have several moderators, and each has their own threshhold. it's pure judgement, but if there is a doubt, I tend to leave it as is.

Repeatedly getting graveyarded will probably result in a posting probation, usually 6-24 hours where a speicifc user cannot post. Beyond that, an outright ban. Obvious trolls will be ground up and the banhammer will be applied.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center