MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Aug 08 2005 03:23 AM
Re: About the Graveyard

Deleted or Graveyarded it gets automatically archived. Either stuffed into a admin only forum or the public Graveyard. There is no transposition or re transcribing involved. Flhurricane uses a heavily modified (and I repeat heavily) version of ubbthreads. Some parts I've rewritten.

The way it works for a mod, is the "delete button" (The one you can see if you try to edit your own posts) is clicked, then there is an opportunity to add a comment or not and one of two choices, to delete it (actually move it to a mod/admin only archive) or to graveyard it (archive it publically) When they do, all the work is done for them.

I don't count anything against anyone for getting graveyarded, it's mainly for violating the new ruleset. It's just an attempt to clean up things, and make it easier to find relivent information. The other forums aren't going to be moderated as heavily. The attempt is just to try to keep things relativly high quality. Asking a question about the storm isn't going to get it graveyarded. Being new won't either, or even being wrong. The main point of the graveyard is to give a measuring stick of what consists of bad posts or not.

If there is any doubt we won't do anything to a post. I don't like moderation, but to keep things from becoming painful to read, it has to be done. And even then sometime we make mistakes too, so archiving it makes sense for that as well.

I beefed up the moderation tools on the site recently. I might also put up a public list of folks banned or put on probation with a link as to why. I figure the best way to clean it up is to let you see what happens when it gets bad, to see why we do moderate it. And the graveyard is the way to do it for us.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center