SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Wed Aug 24 2005 02:31 AM
Re: Skeetobite Maps

Thanks all for you kind comments. All we have learned about these systems while developing our maps has come from these forums and from the assistance of several meteorologists around the nation.

Many of you may have noticed that our forecast track maps now include the true windfield radii with the forecast plots. We have provided the image below to aid in understanding what these "rings" mean.

According to the National Hurricane Center, an average 75% of the total tropical storm/hurricane is in the northeast quadrant of any given storm. As you view these maps, and the model/track maps provided by the U.S. Navy, you will see that a large portion of the storm is indeed offset to the northeast quadrant as evidenced by the windfield radii drawn on each map. The wind radii depicted in our maps is created using official data provided by the National Hurricane Center.

Please feel free to PM me, or better yet, any professional Meteorologist on this board with questions about the windfields. If I don't have the answer, I'm going to ask one of them anyhow ;-)

Enjoy. We hope you find these maps useful.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center