danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Thu May 17 2007 08:54 PM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

I too get confused at times.

I find it easier to login. Click on Forums. And scroll to the bottom of the page.
There are 3 options there.
Last 24 hours.
Last 48 hours.
Last 7 days.

The "Last 24 hours" will give you the current posts. And their thread location.

Easiest way for me to watch the board is to right click and "open in new window", the 2 most used threads.

That makes it easy for me to switch discussion modes. Although my brain often doesn't switch!
It's easy to post on the Wrong thread using that method. It might be better to read in that mode. Then close the thread that you don't want to post to.

When the board gets really busy with a landfalling storm or near landfall I may have 3 windows with flhurricane on them. And my data source windows open or minimized.

My thoughts... for what they are worth

edit: Note to all: Please limit graphics to " 600 pixels horizontal and 500 pixels vertical". In consideration of dialup users and those with small display monitors.

http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/faq.php#rules

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center