audienceofone
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat May 26 2007 07:56 PM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

{quote}
With a system like this, you could basically moderate the one (hopefully only one at a time!!!) active storm forum, and the rest rely more upon user reports of "bad" posts. It would simplify your work and keep related posts in the same area.

The current system makes a lot of work for the moderators. You don't need to have separate forums for every ot topic. It makes it harder for users to find stuff, and it also makes more work for y'all to have to police it all. Direct people to the search function.
{quote}

I agree with this. I've been in a lot of boards and, although I haven't posted much on here, I've certainly read and learned much and that's why discussion is good. As long as people aren't discussing baseball and politics, I think people should be allowed to talk. One well moderated forum for an active storm is necessary and what most people are looking for. Having a completely different forum for every single topic is quite an excess of energy for mods and space for the site. Just one guy's opinion. (other than the guy I quoted) ☺

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center