ltpat228
(Storm Tracker)
Sun May 27 2007 02:01 PM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

Quote:

....this site has the most complicated message board I have ever encountered. I post on several boards and this one also has by far the most restrictions about where stuff gets posted. PLUS I think the 'powers-that-be' are a little bit too 'hands-on' with moving things around. Simplification would help.....there are just too many forums here and it can be quite daunting for a newcomer which then can discourage posting which is not what the board is for, right?

Thank you SO much for bringing this up!
And CFHC...thank YOU guys for permiting this particular topic to remain easily identifiable and intact.

I am a simple woman who does not know squat about weather nor the makings of hurricanes. All I want is enough understandable information enabling me to protect my family.

I've been a member of this site for 18 months and frankly, am afraid to post.
Many of my posts have been sent to the grave yard because one of the "mods" thinks I am being sarcastic.
I am not sarcastic.
I am to the point.

Like I'm telling you...I am an average 53 year old Gramma born, raised and still living on the east coast of Florida who just wants basic info.
I realize some of my comments/questions may come across curt...and assuredly, that is not my intention. Some times when reading someone's post, a question will arise in my head...so instead of me posting a "one liner" because, as I understand this site's rules...I guess we have to say more than 1 line at at time?
So what works for me is to PM the poster.
I have written far more PMs that I have posted because I am fearful I will get in to trouble on this site..

Yes! I am grateful for this site and the extremely diligent and hard-working people who help keep this site on the Net.

Again CFHC - keep up the great work!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center