Ricreig
(User)
Sun May 27 2007 03:57 PM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

Quote:

I realize some of my comments/questions may come across curt...and assuredly, that is not my intention. Some times when reading someone's post, a question will arise in my head...so instead of me posting a "one liner" because, as I understand this site's rules...I guess we have to say more than 1 line at at time?

I understand the desire to limit a lot of arcane and unnecessary one-liners that say nothing in an attempt to limit bandwidth during times of high usage. However, sometimes in one line or sentence very pertinent and often potentially important information or questions can be conveyed that don't *need* a lot of 'fluff' just to make multiple lines of text to satiate a moderators need to wield a big stick. By far and large the moderation is 'moderate' here but occasionally I do think some of the moderators forget the intent of the moderaters' hat and capricious knife wielding does occur. I really do think there should be many fewer topics, one main one dealing with the active storm and one or maybe a couple for everything else not directly dealing with the active topic which can be locked when it is no longer appropriate or needed. In general though, this is still the best place to come short of being a fly on the wall at the NHC during a storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center