Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Mon May 28 2007 12:07 AM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

I know I already posted my 2 cents, but I also feel the need to say this: I have posted on message boards for 6-8 years and had only had ONE post removed (they are all moderated) before joining this site and I must admit, the content of that post was borderline. Since joining here I have had 2 posts removed (that I know about) and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they were taken off. Perhaps it would be a nice courtesy for a moderator to PM the poster if their post is removed (unless it is obvious, but there are so many rules here....) just letting them know why, so they don't do the same thing again. It can be very frustrating to take the time to post and have them removed. Too much of that runs toward heavy-handedness and will discourage people from posting here as was mentioned by someone above. I thought one of the purposes of this message board was to encourage discussion and information exchange betweem people with an interest in weather and hurricanes. If it is NOT, please let me know and I will be quiet and resign myself to being only a 'fly on the wall' again at this site.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center