madmumbler
(Storm Tracker)
Mon May 28 2007 01:04 PM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

Quote:

One well moderated forum for an active storm is necessary and what most people are looking for. Having a completely different forum for every single topic is quite an excess of energy for mods and space for the site. Just one guy's opinion. (other than the guy I quoted) ☺

Except that I'm a girl. *LOL*

I run several different sites - not as busy as this one gets in season, to be sure. But I've found overall, the less you moderate, the more people self-moderate. But there seems to be a perceived inconsistency in the application of strictness.

I definitely think strict is good for active storm forums. But the rest? Encourage people to use the "report this post" button. I know I've used it. But maybe just delete posts and get rid of the graveyard instead of making a big deal about it? Sort of feels like being in grade school, and I'm sure that the public mention of it really irritates some people more than if their post had just been deleted without incident and no one else would have been the wiser.

Just my .02.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center