madmumbler
(Storm Tracker)
Mon May 28 2007 01:09 PM
Re: Is this site getting to strict?

Quote:

By far and large the moderation is 'moderate' here but occasionally I do think some of the moderators forget the intent of the moderaters' hat and capricious knife wielding does occur. I really do think there should be many fewer topics, one main one dealing with the active storm and one or maybe a couple for everything else not directly dealing with the active topic which can be locked when it is no longer appropriate or needed. In general though, this is still the best place to come short of being a fly on the wall at the NHC during a storm.

I agree with all of this.

And I also agree this is definitely the best place to get the most accurate information. (Mileage may vary, see the NHC or local EOC for information, yadda yadda, etc. *LOL*)

I am VERY glad this forum is here. And please don't misinterpret anything I say to be knocking the forum or the moderators. I know personally how difficult it is to moderate a site. And you will never please everyone. It's like Star Trek -- the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And there's been times on some of the email lists I still run in addition to the forum sites where I've locked down the list to full moderated status to stop a flame war in its tracks. (Which ticked everyone off, but oh well.)

Part of me wishes everyone knew about this site, and part of me hopes they don't so it doesn't get slammed. *LOL*

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center