MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Aug 04 2008 10:57 PM
Re: Site Direction

The lounge was intended for those who really don't have much to back it up but want to talk about something, the main reason for it was to keep it a little separate from the main conversation and keep it from confusing the newer folks with potential misinformation. Talking I think, I i bet, etc is fine if there is reasoning for it. I think that's where the biggest issue with the current moderation lies. Lounge was more for Yep i'm from so and so and we never get hurricanes so it's not coming here, type of thing.

I think most of those should stay on the front, especially when volume is low. What I don't like is removing posts that I or moderators don't agree with, I'd rather just reply and explain why I don't see it the same way. Because chances are if one person did see what the first person saw, then there are others too.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center