Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Tue Aug 05 2008 05:11 AM
Re: Site Direction

Here are some statistics that I shared earlier this evening with the Moderators - thought that some of you might find them interesting ...

Through the fifth storm of the season:
Graveyard: 31 posts this year; 40 posts last year
Deleted: 24 posts this year; 75 posts last year
Probation: Nobody this year; 5 occurences last year

The Moderators have been making an extra effort this year (including me) to put posts in the proper Forum AND to put a reason for the move OR send the poster a PM of explanation (sometimes both). I personally think that the Mods have been far more tolerant this season. The stats support that - and I thank them for their efforts to get individually involved with site Users in an attempt to resolve an issue offline. Remember, they all donate their time and effort in an attempt to make your visit here an informative experience - and I'll admit that there are times when that might not happen for an individual User - but we try anyway. This thread is a good example of that.

The site rules/guidelines have been honed for over a decade now, but without them, this place would be just another disorganized chat room - but I don't think thats what you folks want when you visit here. Its not an easy effort, because someone will always be dissatisfied no matter what approach you take.

Its true that the post count has been down, but probably because nothing serious has happened yet - and I hope that nothing does.
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center