Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Aug 30 2008 11:25 AM
Re: Privacy breached - receiving spam from other weather sites.

Quote:

I would like a complete explanation of why our email addresses are being released and/or sold. I have since changed my address to reflect my "junk" account. I consider this site important enough to have given it my main account, but cannot do that if our addresses are being released for spam.

Bev,
It may not sound true in today's society, but we "Central Florida Hurricane Center CFHC aka flhurricane.com" do not run this site to make any money. We do not sell or give out email addresses. You being a member since 2004 should know that. We try to keep our software up-to-date on security , sometimes hackers and spammers slip through. We try our best.

I just want to be clear by no means do we purposely give out or sell anyones personal email address.

Thank you for bringing this spam to our attention.

John

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center