MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Aug 31 2008 06:21 PM
Re: I am missing you

I don't know where the idea of "one line is bad" came from. The rules state Low Content posts, which usually are just one line. It was created to get a lot of clutter of "Hey cool", "I agree!", "thanks" style posts that would flood the site and bury the informative ones making them hard to find. If it contains real information, short or long, it's not a problem. Bandwidth is not an issue, the problems had absolutely nothing to do with bandwidth, and I'm not sure where that came from either.

Anyone that takes the current moment in time as (Oh it won't be as bad because it's category 3) now is being ignorant about how major hurricanes form and maintain themselves, Gustav is still forecast to be a Category 4 storm later. And 3 or 4, or 5 it's still going to cause a lot of problems for the area it makes landfall at.

Hanna most likely won't affect us on a purely statistical look, but you also have to take in all the models and the general confusion, it just means it should be watched Florida is in the cone.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center