LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 04 2008 11:22 AM
Re: I am missing you

Wow, thought someone left. Glad most of us are here and I think a lot of people are reading but not posting.

I miss the posts or activity yet what is here tends to be top rate. It is not my site. It is not my call what goes up, stays or is desired.

I love Flhurricane.com it is one of my all time favorite sites and I will continue to read, post and lurk as long as I am online which is often..

I started a blog a few years back so that I could be silly or topical or do my thing when this board and another board were fighting out what was and wasn't correct. That gave me my own freedom of expression and I've come to love blogging.

But, this is where I go for info.. to read Clark, Jason, Ed and even Hank Frank when he stops in to post. Also, the content on the main page is perfect if you ask me. I wouldn't make too many changes anywhere except to say... can we get some good conversation going on what is likely to become a Category 5 storm today, within hours... if not already.

How often do you see a storm go from TS status to Cat 5 in less than 24 hours before your eyes??

Otherwise, I'll PM friends here.

And, all sites have some moderation or they go the way of a posting board from the late 90s out of PB. Such fun but if you go there now there is little good and a lot of "bring it on" posts to sift through. And, let's get real. A lot of the same people are here that are on other boards sometimes with the same name and other times with different ones. And, there are other boards that have been much more moderated than this especially this year where the person in charge has clamped down like a pit bull on any sense of community or expression of thought that could or might be deemed unwanted. I don't know. Maybe people are stressed in their own lives and they turn to online to be control freaks or fools or funny or just different. I can't say or won't, but I think it's nice here that I can read something about someone, where they are from (or say they are from) and PM them privately or leave my tag for my blog or read other people's blogs or signatures and have pictures to look at as it gives me a better feel for Colleen and Hugh and Clark and Ed in Atlanta with the great poetry on his blog or So FL Cane... these are people I know and have come to love in my online way and they are my "go to" community for the best information around.

Maybe in raising the bar a bit too high a bit too much is lost and scattered but I think the way to resolve that is to

POST and POST NOW about Hanna who is threatening the East Coast and Ike who is now a massive Cat 4 and may threaten us all again in a few days. Pass the site to friends who have left for whatever reason and get going.

POST.

There is a Hanna forum, an Ike one..one for joke and one for wishcasting and most of us just post on the main topic anywhere or I do.

I love it here and don't want to miss anyone but I would like to read some hardcore weather discussion on Hanna and Ike and whatever comes along down the pike..

so post... forgive and let live ...

Bobbi/lois

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center