MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Thu Sep 04 2008 11:59 AM
Re: I am missing you

We made a change, model talk is ok on the main page, and general path, but start picking landfall points 5 days out or if you don't really have a lot of facts, but "My cat is acting funny so it'll probably go here", or I know it's 7 days out but I think it'll hit Miami. That's better for the lounge.

Why? Because people tend to believe what's on the main thread, right or wrong, and I usually hear about it, sometimes from panicked individuals. Which is entirely against the no hype item on the front page. Misinformation or hype is worse than nothing at all. Still I'd rather respond to misinformation and explain why than just delete it -- which I absolutely dislike to do. (and I terribly dislike editing anyone else's posts for most any reason). But I give the people that help out with the site some freedom to do it.

The other thing is this site encourages sharing of information, links to other sites and places are encouraged, which is different than other places. We aren't the end all be all and have no intention of trying to be the "sole source of hurricane information." Because that is silly. We hope to be one of many sources you check, which I hope includes the National Hurricane Center (Well before us even).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center