MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Wed Jun 17 2009 03:28 AM
Re: Why isn't FLHurricane on Twitter yet?

Probably not for a while, there is a large backlog of fixes and new features already on my list (not to mention general upgrades, some of the source code dates back to 1995 on here, and the web has changed a lot since then), and I've been working through a lot of them so far this year. Parts are getting upgraded, mostly in the back end. The RSS feeds need to be revisited and that's probably when I'd add something like that.

The biggest set of new features involves more automation of data (especially as it regards to invests), annotated imagery, and better control over invest data and image mirroring.

A few things holding me up, some of the code is not compatible with php5. I spent a lot of time mirroring the code in another language, but it was taking too much time so I decided to go back to improving the original code base. There is a lot behind the automated portions of the site that complicate things. Most 3rd party libraries and code I've looked at just doesn't work well with what the data needs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center